Post: Principal Designate (Permanent)* (see footnote)
New Free School: Hope Community School, Southampton, Hampshire – 12FE (420 pupils) – opening with Foundation Stage intake of 60 pupils, building year on year to 420 total intake
Salary: The salary range is Group 3 (L19 – L24), dependant on experience
Closing date: 5pm on Wednesday the 30th September 2015
Start date: January 2016 (or as soon as possible after this)
Interview dates: Wednesday 7th and Thursday 8th October in and around Southampton, Hampshire
Could your inspiring leadership establish and shape a new primary school?
This is a rare opportunity for a person who has a track record of achievement in education, with vision and skills to set up, open and lead our new primary school and create an exemplar model of education.
Inspiring children to be people who not only value their community but have the desire, ability and tools to transform and enrich it through innovative and aspirational visions. Encouraging children to dream limitlessly, explore confidently, discover expectantly and take ownership of their futures.
Hope Community School has the vision of being an outstanding school with a community of pupils, parents and teachers determined to achieve success.
New Generation Schools Trust is partnering with local businesses and organisations to start a new primary school which will be at the heartbeat of the community. A school that will increase children’s aspirations, encourage a spirit of adventure and maximise each child’s talents and gifts.
We recognise the local demand for a school with a Christian ethos. The school will therefore be designated as a school of religious character, and has a genuine occupational requirement that the Principal Designate will be committed to an authentic expression of Christian faith in life, work and community. Where the Trustees of Hope Community School are concerned, a Christian ethos school welcomes children, families and staff of all faiths and no faith, enabling all to work together towards the common good of the whole community. Within the life of Hope Community School our Christian ethos will be expressed through the behaviour of staff, parents and carers, volunteers and family members.
We are looking for an outstanding leader with:
- A proven record of strong strategic leadership and management
- Successful, rapid school improvement track record with a determination to raise standards
- Energy and drive to support the schools as we grow into a Multi-Academy Trust
- Robust financial management experience
- A commitment to engage with and serve the whole community in which the school is situated
- Able to rally people around a vision with an entrepreneurial approach to providing outstanding education for all
- A great networker of students, families, communities and community organisations
- Able to handle the kind of media and local interest that a free school may bring
- Highly motivated and able to build a culture that raises aspirations and educational standards in both staff and pupils
- Willing to engage with and serve the whole community in which the school is situated to create a dynamic community nucleus
- Able to lead, inspire and ensure that teaching and learning is outstanding across a school that serves a community which includes some high levels of deprivation
- Someone who fully shares the ethos of Hope Community School including creating a school with Christian values and foundations
The Principal will work collaboratively with the New Generation Trust and the local governing bodies to support, challenge, inspire and resource the team so as to achieve aspirational outcomes for all of the pupils.
Taking up the post as Principal Designate from January 2016, you will set up, open and lead an all-new primary co-educational Free School opening in September 2016. You will recruit and shape your staff team and develop the curriculum to raise the achievement and aspiration of our young people. You will lead the development of innovative and outstanding Teaching and Learning across the School, most importantly by being a role model of outstanding practice. You will lead the implementation of a rigorous self evaluation schedule which will quality assure and monitor the Teaching and Learning, ensuring consistency across the whole School.
If you have a disability and require any reasonable adjustments that will enable you to apply for this position, then please let us know.