Each of these characteristics is explained in more detail below:
- God is community and, we believe, it is only in community that we can accurately reflect Him and see real and lasting fruit.
- We honour and celebrate diversity within the context of our relationships.
- We recognise that anointed leadership is a grace gift given to serve, with humility, in the context of community.
- We value the contribution of both women and men at every level of leadership.
- We see ourselves as co-workers with God in His mission – the reconciliation of all things under heaven and earth under Christ.
- The Good News about Jesus needs to be presented in a way that is relevant to our context through our words, actions and with a demonstration of God’s miraculous power.
- We believe that justice and social action are central to the message of Jesus.
- Our life and faith is energised and informed by a living experience of the Holy Spirit, both individually and corporately.
- We believe in a God who breaks into time and space by His Holy Spirit, bringing revelation, healing bodies, sharing spiritual gifts and performing miraculous signs.
- Our spiritual life is rooted in the Scriptures and informed by church history.
- Because ‘the earth is the Lord’s and everything in it’, we believe that the whole of life and creation is sacred. We, therefore, look to express a culture and lifestyle of worship that has no sacred-secular divide as we celebrate all of life.
- Pioneer has a strong commitment to equipping everyone to engage across all spheres of life – business, politics, media, community, education, creativity and the arts.
- We are committed to the unity of the Body of Christ and will seek to partner with others wherever possible
We have three key distinctives:
- The role of women in leadership. We welcome and promote the role of women at every level of leadership.
- Unity of the Body of Christ. We actively and intentionally pursue unity and work in partnership – locally and nationally.
- Adventure. As ‘pioneers’ we want to continue to innovate, to take risks, to try new things, to be Spirit-led people and to have fun as we serve God’s purposes.